Having a well-built website is a key component of any business strategy these days. Your website will often be the first way that potential clients and customers interact with your business – and you know what they say about first impressions. They can be lasting, or they can be your last chance. In this article, we’ll explore the ENDREA Method™ tips for building a website that will ensure your first impression is a good, long-lasting one that keeps users coming back for more.
Your website can’t make any impression at all if potential customers can’t find you. Search Engine Optimization, or SEO, is the key to making sure that people who are searching for your products and services come upon you early and often. There is a bit of an art to it, but some basic steps you can take to improve your SEO ranking are:
- Increase your page load speed by optimizing image sizes, minimize the number of redirects, and using as few plugins as possible.
- Use header tags to break up your page content into manageable sections
- Include outbound links to highly-rated source content
- Fix or remove any broken links immediately
- Make sure your site is optimized for mobile – more than 60% of searches come from mobile devices.
Create Great Content
Great content is the key to ensuring that users stay engaged on your site, and keeps them coming back time and time again. As you know, it can take several interactions to convert a potential client into a paying one; so great content could mean the difference between making a sale and not. Check Google Trends to see what topics people are searching for, and don’t just copy what everyone else is saying – try to write about things from your own angle and perspective.
Video content is also highly effective. In fact, it may be more effective than written content when it comes to keeping users engaged on your site for longer periods of time. Not only that, but video content converts more often as well – almost 5% more often!
Bonus: great content also helps improve your SEO ranking.
Make Your Site User-Friendly
Once customers have found your website, make sure it’s user-friendly. There are a number of ways you can do this:
- Include your logo in an easy-to-see location (preferably near the top of the page)
- Make navigation menus easy to find and simple to use
- Make your website easily searchable
- Include a products/services page or listing
- Include a contact page – preferably with a contact form. Many customers prefer not to have to pick up the phone.
- If possible, accept orders online.
- Make your content shareable on social media
The best part of all of these tips is that many of them will also help improve your SEO ranking – which, remember, is the key to helping potential customers find your website in the first place. The more user-friendly and easy-to-read your website is, the higher it will be ranked in the search results, and the easier time customers will have finding and buying your products and services. It’s one sure-fire way to build, keep, and grow a loyal client base.
Curious about how user-friendly your website is? Let us do a website audit for you! For free we will visit your company’s website and conduct an audit to get things started on how to create a user-friendly website.